As a new player, you may have difficulty making the decision of where to play poker and more importantly where you should deposit your hard earned cash. There are lots of different poker sites to chose from so let me give you some recommendations.
For playing online for real money, there are a couple of guidelines before outlining the available sites:
- Make sure you deposit on a site which gives provides you with a worthwhile first deposit bonus (a bonus given by poker rooms which typically double the amount you deposit) . Nearly all websites give great first deposit bonuses but some have better deals than others – make sure you pay attention to this when signing up as it can add a significant amount of change to your bankroll.
- Play in a poker room with good security and ratings. All of the big poker rooms are well regulated. So as a first choice play on one of the well known poker sites and stay away from the lesser known sites unless you have a very good reason.
- Deposit as much as you can to take advantage of your first deposit bonus.
- Play at a poker room which will have sufficient traffic at the hours you are planning to play. This will be the case for nearly all poker rooms but double check to make sure especially if you aren’t playing on one of the major sites.
- Ensure that you have your photo ID (drivers licence or passport) and a recent letter to your home address as proof of your identity. Send it in early and get your account verified. Nobody wants to have to wait for their money when they have just had a big pay day!
Table Of Contents
Where To Play Poker Online
So where to play poker ? Here are some of the available options
1. 888 Poker
888 poker is a very recreational poker site and hence the games at 888 are typically much easier than the equivalent at other sites. Get $88 without depositing and get 100% deposit bonus up to $400.
Some of the benefits of 888 include:
- Lots of cash game traffic. It’s always easy to find a game at any time of the day.
- The website is geared towards recreational players and so the games are particularly ‘easy’.
- Great tournament schedule and prizes.
- Satellites into major events.
- Fast-fold poker is also available.
- Financially secure network: Your money is safe at this poker website.
- Mobile friendly app.
PartyPoker is one of the first online poker rooms – they have stood the test of time and are still one of the biggest and softest poker rooms about. Since the removal of online poker from the US, PartyPoker has fallen back in the traffic department, as all poker sites did, but it was able to maintain the quality of the games (lots of terrible players!).
With PartyPoker you can get a $500 first deposit bonus which can make or break your bankroll.
- 100% sign up bonus up to $500
- Cash and Sit & Go missions.
- Major tournament qualifiers (World Poker Tour)
- One Million summer giveaway
3. TonyBet Poker
Where to play poker online if you want to play Open Face Chinese poker?TonyBet! TonyBet also has excellent game quality (lots of bad players).
However, the biggest benefit of using TonyBet is the humongous 100% deposit bonus of up to €2000. If you’re planning to make use of a large deposit bonus you can’t miss this offer! Don’t forget you need to enter the code “STARTER” when signing up to get this offer.
TonyBet is a small network but that is offset by the nice welcome bonus and the other promotions such as:
- Free €10 ticket to €2,500 GTD tournament.
- Grinders league (€10,000 prizepool)
- Account refill match of up to €1000.
Betfair poker is one of the biggest and most-recognized names in the online betting world in 2016 – one with experience and a solid reputation. Betfair’s sportsbook and betting exchange attract lots of recreational players to the poker tables. This makes Betfair Poker one of the more potentially profitable online poker sites you’ll play at.
You can also get a monster 200% first deposit bonus of up to $1500. Yep thats right, 200% up to $1500. Another great place to deposit if you have a big first deposit saved up.
- $20.000 Bankroll Booster
- Natural Born Grinders
- Cash Quest €100 FREE
- $1000 Weekly Welcome Freerolls
If you want to find out how to play poker, check out our easy poker 101 guide. Learning how to play poker has never been easier.
We also have a free guide for zynga poker games which you may find useful.
We hope that this ‘where to play poker’ guide has helped you choose a suitable poker room; however, we realise that not everyone is suited to the poker rooms listed above. So if you are interested in other poker networks, such as the Winning Poker Network, we suggest checking out TopPokerValue’s review of True Poker (USA players friendly).
How would you like to get some free tips, tricks and weekly updates to get you off to a good start at the poker tables(plus a bonus beginners 30 page poker ebook)? Click here to find out more!
Good luck at the tables!